Welcome to the Vail School District!
Following please find information about registration and enrollment at the various schools in our district. If you have questions about your child’s specific school, please contact the principal or registrar of his/her school. If you are unsure what school your child (K-8) is designated to attend, please check the attendance boundaries. If your child is in high school, please see the information below for more information about the school selection process.
The person enrolling a student (legal guardian) will be asked to produce the following:
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Current immunization record. Click here for the Arizona School Immunization Requirements.
- Proof of Residency showing you reside within the District’s boundaries. The attached form must be completed and submitted with appropriate documentation.
- Property tax statement, or rent receipt. (If building or purchasing a home within the District, you can enroll the student once a contract has been signed.) and
- Utility bill, bank statement, major credit card statement, or recently postmarked business letter.
The Vail School District accepts open enrollment applications from parents wishing to have their child attend a Vail school outside their attendance area and for parents from other school districts wishing to have their child considered for enrollment in a Vail school. Information from the superintendent regarding procedures, policies, and application materials are attached below.
A child evaluated and recommended for special services for a disability and who has reached his/her third birthday, may be admitted to preschool.
For admission to kindergarten, children must be five years of age prior to September 1 of the current school year.
Children may be admitted to first grade who are six years of age or shall be six years of age if they reach such age prior to September 1 of the current school year.
The Vail School District has a “school choice” philosophy at the high school level. As such, you may enroll your child in the school that fits your child’s individual needs best (dependent on space availability). Please contact the registrar at the high school of your choice for more information. NOTE: Cienega High School is the default school for parents who do not exercise choice and select an alternate school for their child.