Job Title: Crossing Guard
Reports To: School Principal
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Assists children and others in crossing intersection or designated crosswalk on the way to and from school in the morning, at , and in the afternoon. Protects the safety of children and other pedestrians at all times while on duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs actions of children at street intersections or designated crossing points.
- Escorts students and any pedestrians using school crossings, across the street.
- Records license numbers of vehicles disregarding traffic signals and stop signs of guard and reports them to site administrator or law enforcement.
- Places caution signs at designated points before duty hour and removes them at end of shift, returning to appropriate storage location.
- Incumbent will exhibit patience, courtesy and tact in dealing with others.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to see, hear and speak.
· Ability to exercise judgment in accordance with established procedures.
· Ability to handle emergency situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to tolerate varied outdoor weather and climatic conditions, including extreme temperature conditions, including expose to direct Summer sun
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.